22 July 2012

Dear Old Friend

Dear Old Friend,
  I don't know how much longer I can take this.  I've always turned to you for truth and unwavering objectivity.  You always tell me how things really are, not what you think I want to hear or the easy way out.  But something has changed.  Something is not the same.  Your story is different every time I come to you.  One day you give me one version of events and the next day, or even next hour or week, depending on when I visit, your story changes.  How can I trust anything from you when you don't even seem to trust yourself anymore?
  Maybe it's something I've done.  Perhaps you've felt that I'm a bit embarrassed by you or that I've neglected you, which might be true.  But it doesn't mean I love you any less.  You've been through so much with me, the highs and the lows, but you've kept me grounded and always let me know where I stood. Until now.
  I need to be able to rely on a friend and not worry I'm being deceived or misled.  As that's no longer the case, it might be time for us to go our separate ways and for me to find a reliable friend.  No, it's definitely the time: brand new 330-lb-capacity Health-o-Meters are on sale at Macy's!

Regretfully yours,
  Phil Doubt


No comments:

Post a Comment