24 October 2009

He has raisin!

Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages... though fewer ladies and girls and hopefully not too many boys. Gentlemen, step right up for the greatest blog on earth! (No joke- there was a crash of thunder outside right as I typed that exclamation point...) Or at least created on my laptop.

As there can be a fair degree of egotism in blogging, I will try to temper my thoughts with solicitations of yours. I also welcome solicitors... who come bearing Girl Scout cookies. Who can resist foods named after square dancing moves, anyway?

Sometimes I think we all get the impression we are the only ones thinking, feeling, or doing something, especially when it comes to gaining and encouraging (or feeding or inflating or padding or...). For some of us, this is terrifying and for some of us it is completely liberating. For me, it's often both at once. Who knows which direction(s) this thing will take over time, but for now I hope to throw things out there onto the figurative wall (like the expression, not like facebook, exactly) and see what sticks: what I think I have learned about myself and this shared interest of ours, of what I am still utterly clueless, who has similar perceptions, and who might have opposite views that make me see things in a new broader spectrum of light, and who's bringing plates, cups, and napkins to the party.

If what results is hot, it's probably by accident. If what results is funny, there is a 50/50 chance it's by accident. If what results wins a Nobel Prize, it's purely intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment